Associate Director & Team Leader
As an Associate Director and Team Leader at Fullers Family Law, my role is to utilise my 15 years’ of experience to counsel and support my clients on a range of Family Law matters. After working at a leading boutique and top 100 law firm, I re-joined the growing family team at Fullers in late 2022.
I specialise in all aspects of divorce with a particular emphasis on the resolution of complex financial issues for high-net-worth individuals. A large proportion of my work involves helping clients who have family businesses, international elements, offshore trusts, commercial and tax issues, pre acquired wealth, inherited assets and pre and post-nuptial agreements.
I also have a significant experience in advising unmarried wealthy individuals/families as to property rights and financial provision for children.
I support my clients on a full range of children disputes including child arrangements orders/enforcement, injunctive relief, leave to remove and paternity issues.
Wherever possible I aim to resolve family matters outside of court in the first instance by utilising Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) methods, to include private Financial Dispute Resolution (FDR) hearings in tandem with clients obtaining successful outcomes. This reduces delays, costs and stress for my clients.
In some circumstances, there may be the need to issue formal proceedings in court, and in the event that they are needed, I have considerable experience in achieving the best possible outcome for my clients.
One of my notable cases is acting for the CEO of a diamond mining company with offices in South Africa and Canada, with assets in numerous jurisdictions. Net worth on paper was in excess of £35 million.
Areas of Expertise:
- Financial settlement / orders (by agreement or via Court intervention)
- International law involving divorce, finance & children
- Applications in private children proceedings - child arrangements/enforcement
- International and national relocation of children
- Pre and post nuptial agreements and cohabitation agreements
- Cohabitee disputes
- Injunctions and freezing injunctions
- Private Financial Dispute Resolution (FDRs) - away from Court
- Advising a client in financial proceedings with a property portfolio of 28 properties, the bulk of which were in Scotland.
- Advising a client on divorce proceedings concerning a Colombian marriage (the first marriage) and setting aside of Decree Nisi (concerning the second English marriage) to include expert evidence on Colombian Canonical and civil law.
- Acting for a husband in South Africa in ‘forum conveniens’ dispute and successfully staying the English proceedings which lead to the successful negotiation of the finances in South Africa to include drafting a mirror order in this jurisdiction reciting the agreed terms.
- Dealing with extensive litigation at short notice in Family Law Act (FLA) proceedings to include successful return due to wrongful removal of the children and successfully opposing findings of fact sought by spouse.
- Acting for the CEO of a diamond mining company with offices in South Africa and Canada with assets in numerous jurisdictions. Net worth on paper in excess of £35 million.
- Acting for the founder/director of an airline with assets in multiple jurisdictions. Net worth on paper in excess of £55 million. To include jurisdictional dispute (eventually compromised) and a range of interim orders such as Maintenance Pending Suit (MPS), Freezing Order and forensic disclosure.
- Acting in a matter that involved a trust which owned the Former Matrimonial Home (FMH) and successfully varying the nuptial settlement to secure all the assets for the client. Taking over conduct of the matter two months before trial after two other firms had been instructed and dealing with a freezing/committal applications following on from the pre-trial review. Processing huge volumes of papers and instructing leading/junior counsel. Instructing counsel to deal with concurrent possession proceedings and successfully obtaining orders to enable matrimonial proceedings to successful conclusion.
- Successfully obtaining litigation loans on behalf of clients so they could remain represented in financial proceedings.
With Fullers since: Dec 2022
Resolution of complex financial issues for high-net-worth individuals
Phone: 01234 343134
Get in touch
If you have any questions out of hours you can call us between 8am and 10pm, 7 days a week...
or send us an email...