Accounts Administrator for our Milton Keynes, Bedford and Northampton Offices
We are an exciting, progressive niche family law practice. Our forward-thinking approach test the norms to find innovative ways to deliver great quality service to our clients. We now have a fantastic opportunity for the very best accounts administrator to join our team.
What does this mean?
Reporting to our Finance Manager you will support the accounts department to optimise the firms working capital position through professional accounting processes. Our forward thinking and modern way of working in a completely paperless environment allows us to work in the most efficient ways. Allowing you the opportunity to provide outstanding client care in line with our values.
We are passionate about developing the skills needed to be adept in the profession. We are looking for individuals that have the desire to learn with a self-motivated and can-do approach.
We’ll offer the right candidate a competitive salary of circa £25,000, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, the opportunity to work within a friendly and approachable team, as well as the flexibility of occasional home working.
- Producing and despatching invoices and to the firm’s clients using an automated billing process
- Credit control including chasing by telephone of overdue sums due from clients
- Allocating payments received from clients
- Reconciliation of bank and credit card accounts
- Posting of accounting entries relating to the office, client, and nominal ledgers
- Taking payments from clients over the phone
- Assisting clients and fee earners with accounting queries
- Arranging client refunds
- Producing and distributing reports from the practice management system
- Ideally have already held at least one position within a legal or other professional services accounts environment but this is not prerequisite for consideration
- Proven billing and credit control experience
- Excellent client management
- Ideally current knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules and compliance
- In the absence of a qualification, sound knowledge of the principles of bookkeeping
- Has the confidence and ability to demonstrate excellent communication at senior levels and to liaise with all parties both internal and external, including client service skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and respect for confidentiality
- Has a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel and Word
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Resilient and committed, remaining composed under pressure
- Self-motivated with the ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- A quick learner with a strong work ethic
- Clearly demonstrates the firms WE CARE values which are:
- Warm Welcome
- Communicate and connect
- Address all concerns
- Resolve and reassure
You can expect:
- Competitive salary
- EAP service
- Ad-hoc working from home, to make it easier to balance work and home life
- Up to 38 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays) dependent upon service
This is a full-time role working 37.5 hours per week between 8:30am and 5pm Monday to Friday.
Are you passionate about your work and care about providing clients with the very best advice, service, and outcomes?
If you want to hear more, please send your CV and a covering letter with an indication of your salary expectations.
Alternatively contact Kirsty for a confidential chat on 01234 343134 or email email@example.com
The current closing date for the advert is 7th October 2021, however, dependent on the number and quality of applications received, we reserve the right to close the process earlier if necessary.
We will be conducting virtual interviews on the 13th October 2021.
Training & Development
We believe in lifelong learning and support all our staff by providing regular in-house training on a variety of legal, business process and client service areas. All staff have annual appraisals and training plans, with quarterly reviews of such plans and monthly update meetings.
We encourage attendance at external networking events and reflection on cases for self-development and improvement purposes.
Covering our offices in Bedford, Northampton and Milton Keynes
7th October 2021
Fullers Family Law
59 St Peter's Street,
Bedford, MK40 2PR
Tel: 01234 343134
We offer competitive salaries - to help us attract the best people.
- Competitive sign-on bonus for fee earning direct hires.
- A quarterly bonus - available to all to incentivise team working and performance.
- Annual bonus for fee earners - related to the achievement of fee income targets.
- Free professional subscriptions - to encourage you to keep up to date with developments in family law and focused on best practice.
- A rewards and recognition scheme to reward you when you live our values and go above and beyond.
- Ad-hoc working from home, to make it easier to balance work and home life.
- Up to 38 days holiday (inclusive of Bank Holidays) dependent upon service.
- Comprehensive training and development opportunities.